Thank you for joining me in a fun filled mystery crochet along!
In this mystery crochet along you will be crocheting a piggy. Your finished piggy will measure around 8 inches from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet. Your size will vary depending on the yarn you choose, the crochet hook you choose, and your tension while crocheting. I used worsted weight yarn and a size D hook to get my piggy to this size.
Clues for this mystery will be given every 2 days as listed below…
Clue #1 - May 7, 2017
Clue #2 - May 9, 2017
Clue #3 - May 11, 2017
Clue #4 - May 13, 2017
Clue #5 - May 15, 2017
Assembly - May 17, 2017
Clues will be posted around 4pm pacific time on the days listed above.
Clues will be available on Ravelry in pdf form to download and print, as well as in my Ravelry Group, on my Facebook Page, and on Instagram.
Here are some helpful tutorials on my blog to help you better understand this pattern.
Photo Tutorial of Sewing the Pieces Together (I will give you sewing instructions on the assembly day.)
Crocheting through both sides of an arm/leg/ear together
You will need…
- Yarn Color A - 100 yards - Pink yarn, or the main color yarn for your pig
- Yarn Color B - 35 yards - Any color yarn, your favorite color yarn, or whoever you are making this piggy for
- Small amount of brown or black yarn, or desired color for embroidering the face
- 12mm-15mm safety eyes, or desired
- 3.25mm crochet hook (Size D), or desired crochet hook
- Fiberfill Stuffing
- Yarn Needle
- Sewing Pins to hold pieces in place before sewing (optional)
- Stitch Markers
Stitches and Abbreviations used…
- Ch - chain
- Sl - slip stitch
- Sc - single crochet
- Hdc - half double crochet
- St - stitch
- Sts - stitches
- Rpt - repeat
- Inc - increase, 2 sc in the same space
- Dec - decrease or sc2tog (single crochet 2 together)
Please use your imagination when making your piggy. Pigs would look wonderful in any color combination, purple, blue, green, yellow, and more!
Different threads will be opened to go along with the mystery in my Ravelry group - a spoilers thread to share pictures, a question thread for anyone with questions, and a regular thread to talk with others about the mystery.
Feel free to contact me throughout the mystery if you have any questions.
Ravelry ~ MelissaTrenado
Facebook ~ Melissa’s Crochet Patterns
Instagram - melissascrochetpatterns use hashtag #piggymcal