Halloween MCAL 2015
Mystery by Melissa’s Crochet Pattern
Halloween is getting closer! What is Halloween without some fun? Some crochet fun of course!
This mystery crochet along will be a new amigurumi crochet pattern.
The finished size is a little over 10 inches long.
Clues for this mystery for will given every other day as listed below…
Clue #1 - Monday, October 12, 2015
Clue #2 - Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Clue #3 - Friday, October 16, 2015
Clue #4 - Sunday, October 18, 2015
Clues will be given by Ravelry updates, updates will be sent to your Ravelry messages, email address linked to Ravelry, and on the pattern page you can directly download them as they become available.
There are some helpful tutorials on my blog to help you better understand this pattern.
Photo Tutorial of Sewing the Pieces Together
Crocheting through both sides of an arm/leg/ear/tail together
You will need…
- Yarn Color A - about 100 yards - your favorite DARK Halloween color (black, dark brown, dark grey, etc.)
- Yarn Color B - about 25 yards - your favorite AUTUMN color (orange, red, green, etc.)
- Yarn Color C - about 2 yards - nose color for your creature
- 12mm-15mm safety eyes, or desired
- 3.25mm crochet hook (Size D), or desired crochet hook
- Fiberfill Stuffing
- Yarn Needle
- Sewing Pins to hold pieces in place before sewing (optional)
- Stitch Markers
Stitches and Abbreviations used…
- Ch - chain
- Sl - slip stitch
- Sc - single crochet
- Hdc - half double crochet
- Dc - double crochet
- Trb - treble crochet
- St - stitch
- Sts - stitches
- Rpt - repeat
- Inc - increase, 2 sc in the same space
- Dec - decrease or sc2tog (single crochet 2 together)
Different threads will be opened to go along with the mystery in my Ravelry group - a spoilers thread to share pictures, a question thread for anyone with questions, and a regular thread to talk with others about the mystery.